- Charlotte, NC, USA
Challenging full stack .NET or Python position allowing for demonstration and growth of DevSecOps and cloud development skills.
- Python, Django, Flask
- C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core
- SQL Server, mySQL
- Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Ansible
- DevSecOps: secrets management, SonarQube
- Azure function app development
- Game design and development
- Leading small teams
Senior Software Engineer, Skanska USA — Charlotte, NC March 2017 - Present
- Implemented an Azure Function App-based solution for pulling Procore changes into a Microsoft Synapse data warehouse.
- Stabilized, upgraded, and enhanced an integration between Sage Estimating and a C#/AngularJS reporting and WBS management solution.
- Implemented and standardized devops practices using Azure DevOps and git in the software and data engineering teams.
- Devised staged DevSecOps implementation strategies for the software engineering team.
- Improved accessibility standards for new and continuing development.
- Implemented and enhanced multiple HCM-related utilities for Active Directory and Exchange on-prem/Online using .NET and PowerShell.
- Participated in limited duration teams for employee-wide survey results analysis, employee development, diversity and inclusion, and Azure DevOps Server to Services migration analysis.
- Added features to a construction safety application leveraging Entity Framework with complex SQL.
- Led the architecture and re-implementation of a Knockout application into AngularJS 1.x.
- Led lunch and learns on topics including: accessibility, ethics in IT, and git for SQL/integration teams.
Co-Founder, Future Proof Games — Charlotte, NC January 2012 - Present
- Wrote, developed, maintained, and released video games and table-top roleplaying games.
- Leveraged a variety of technologies (ActionScript 3, Flixel, TypeScript/HTML/CSS, Phaser, Unity, and Godot) and game design techniques to craft games.
- Marketed said games: wrote press releases, conversed with journalists, crafted newsletters, and regularly blogged and used social media.
- Wrote about game development, game design, and our industry.
- Managed the finances: coordinated with an accountant, sales portals, and advertising companies.
- Developed websites pertaining to the company and its games, often written in Python/Django with responsive design and SASS.
- Automated deployments of all websites with Jenkins declarative pipelines.
- Contact for code samples or access to Exploit: Zero Day, our browser-based cyberpunk game.
Side Projects — Present
- Created a Django app to generate granny square blanket patterns, forcibly randomized on multiple axes.
- Built a generalized game wishlist utility in ReactJS and Flask that collates Steam and itch.io data.
- Automated home network service provisioning with Ansible and Jenkins.
- Configured and deployed: 1Password Connect, SonarQube, Grafana, Huginn, Loki, parsedmarc, Promtail, Graylog, Elasticsearch, and others.
- Created Flask microservices for lightweight webhooks (e.g., IFTTT integrations).
- Leveraged hosting and services from DigitalOcean, Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, and Dreamhost.
- Configured email services with proper DMARC/DKIM settings for sending from cron jobs and web applications.
- Developed and enhanced .NET 4.0 WinForms RPG spell manager, leveraging LINQ to XML, ClickOnce, xunit.net, MVP architecture, and DataGridView printing libraries.
Application Developer, TekSystems/Wells Fargo — Charlotte, NC September 2015 - March 2017
- Worked with stakeholders and product owners to scope the rewrite of their internal PM tool.
- Architected and implemented RESTful app in CodeIgniter/PHP, AngularJS 1.5, & Bootstrap.
- Leveraged grunt & SASS to create single-user continuous integration and facilitate deployment.
- Migrated a legacy mySQL database to a modern, normalized, and efficient architecture.
- Designed and optimized complex queries in the database.
- Implemented automated end-to-end tests with Protractor.
Application Developer, ettain group/BofA — Charlotte, NC 2014 - 2015
- Stabilized, enhanced, and maintained an intranet application in ASP.NET WebForms.
- Modified and wrote complicated SQL Server stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Architected portions of the migration of the system to C#/MVC5.
- Designed and developed a WPF application to improve 3rd party marketing link generation.
.NET Front-End Developer, LendingTree — Charlotte, NC 2012 - 2014
- Worked closely with product owners to curate and "discover" on upcoming features.
- Coordinated efforts with teams to ensure that work was implemented in priority order.
- Implemented lendingtree.com redesign(s) in .NET MVC 4 and HTML/CSS/JS, leveraging jQuery.
- Developed new site components (Mortgage Checkup, Mortgage Negotiator) in AngularJS.
Web Presentation Architect, TekSystems/Wells Fargo — Charlotte, NC 2010 - 2012
Volunteer Drupal Developer, Rainbow Rumpus — Charlotte, NC 2010 - 2012
Web Consultant, TreeLink — Charlotte, NC 2010 - 2011
Web Developer & Team Lead, Skookum Digital Works — Charlotte, NC 2008 - 2010
Software Support Specialist, InfoTek Consulting, Inc — Fort Mill, SC 2008
Math Teacher, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools — Charlotte, NC 2007 - 2008
Professional Groups and Conference Talks
- BlendConf 2014, "Simple Accessibility: The Bare Minimum for Compassionate Development" Sep 2014
- Geek Girl Tech Con, "Charting a Career in Technology by The Women of Skookum" Nov 2014
- Geek Girl Tech Con "How to Become (and stay) a Professional Software Developer" Nov 2014
- Charlotte Game Dev Meetup "Making Money: The Future Proof Games Approach" Jul 2015
- DevOpsDays 2015 "Devops in Game Dev: How We Sleep (A Little) Better At Night" Nov 2015
- Charlotte Game Dev Meetup "FPG at GDC & ECGC 2016" Apr 2016